We are currently transitioning to a new submission system, which will be available April 1st. During the transition, IRB applications may be submitted two ways: electronically using the online system, A-Tune, or by completing and emailing a Word application. Please see the instructions and guidance below, and feel free to contact the office at 605-677-6184 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Step 1 - Determine if you are conducting human subjects research
All investigators must be CITI trained. Please take 1 of the following 2 courses, depending on your type of research you will conduct.
- GRP 2 Social Behavioral Research for Investigators and Key Personnel, Basic Course.
- GRP 1 Biomedical Research Investigators and Key Personnel, Basic Course.
CITI Training Registration Guide
Step 3 - Complete application
For emailed submissions, complete the appropriate Word application.
For A-Tune submissions, verify you have an account, or request an account. Login to A-Tune to submit your application and refer to A-Tune instructions for assistance.
Step 4 - Complete associated forms.
- USD consent templates contain the required regulatory elements, IRB contact information and guided wording for various study elements. Studies that do not require a signature on the consent form may use either the "Consent Statement Template" or the "Cover Letter Template." Research with children or cognitively impaired subjects should include both a parental consent form and an assent form.
- Submit any other forms that may be applicable to your study.
- Submit VA specific forms, if relevant.
To continue, amend or close your protocol:
For studies approved by email, please submit forms.
For studies approved in A-Tune, please follow the A-Tune instructions for guidance on submitting these forms in the system.
If you have any questions, you may reach the office at 605-677-6184 or email@example.com, or the director at 605-677-6067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.