The online Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) program at the University of South Dakota develops public health practitioners and leaders to address public health needs of rural communities. In partnership with South Dakota State University, the program adopts an interprofessional approach the five core areas of public health:
- Health Services Administration
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Environmental Health
The M.P.H. is the most widely recognized professional credential for practice and leadership in public health. The Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) is the only program of its kind in the state and is offered online.
The Master of Public Health prepares graduates to:
- Help hospitals survive in the era of healthcare reform by managing their populations to ensure they maximize health and revenue while controlling costs
- Improve the health of South Dakota and local populations with health promotion, health analysis and illness prevention programs through public health departments
- Epidemiological analysis and quality assurance for corporations needing to address occupational health of limit health insurance costs through disease prevention
Application requirements can be found at Graduate School Admission Requirements and include:
- Completed Graduate Application
- $35 application fee
- One official transcript verifying receipt of an undergraduate degree and previous graduate credit earned
- Two letters of recommendation
Letter of Recommendation Form
- Statement of Purpose
- Successful completion of a criminal background check upon acceptance
- Additional requirements exist for international applicants. For more information, visit International Admission Requirements
For more detailed admission requirements, please refer to Public Health in the current graduate catalog.
Please note: All courses in the M.P.H. have a delivery fee. Please visit Tuition and Fees for more information.
- Summer semester: March 15
- Fall semester: June 15
- Spring semester: October 15
For more information about the online Master of Public Health, contact USD Online at 800-233-7937 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.