Event Planning & Scheduling
We provide support for event planning and space scheduling for on-campus events as well as non-university events. We coordinate facilities and services provided by other USD suppliers.
Allow us to set the stage for connecting alumni and friends, as well as students and faculty. Using our services you will have access to:
To make a reservation, click on the "Make a reservation" link, and follow the prompts to log into 25Live. When you have logged in, click on "Create an event" in the middle of the screen and follow prompts through the process.
The Bailey and Kathy Aalfs Auditorium was an $8.2 million renovation that began in the fall of 2008. The restoration of the 38,000 sq. ft. auditorium has resulted in a state-of -the-art performance arts center which seats 1,288 (570 main level and 718 balcony).
First constructed in 1925, renovations included several mechanical and electrical improvements, including lighting upgrades for performances, enhanced electrical service to the building and better acoustics, accessible seating, new stage floors and improved sightlines.
The unaltered E.M. Skinner Opus 548 Organ was also part of the renovation and was brought back to life thanks to the project, which will provide the university community with an elegant and exciting venue for large events, including musical theatre, orchestras and musical ensembles, soloists, dance companies and lectures.
Funding for the renovation of Aalfs Auditorium included more than $3.5 million in private funding and an estimated $4.6 million from South Dakota HEFF funds.
If students, faculty, and staff would like to reserve the Bailey & Kathy Aalfs Auditorium, please use 25Live. Outside parties should contact Central Scheduling at 605-658-3554 for reservation inquiries. Reservations will be confirmed based upon availability of the space and at the discretion of Central Scheduling.
- Round tables
- Classroom tables
- Theater style seating
- Open square seating
- Conference table
- U-Shaped conference table
- Octagon shaped conference table
Audio/Video Services (charges may apply)
- Large screen video projector for presentation or video viewing
- Wireless Internet connectivity
- Video recording of events
- Skype conferencing
- Live webcast capabilities
Contact us with any questions:
Al Neuharth Media Center
555 Dakota St.
Vermillion, SD 57069
Camps & ConferencesA list of summer camps and conferences can be found online including registration information.
Request an Event
- The summer 2022 Camps & Conference Season is May 23, 2022 - July 31, 2022.
- Complete the camps and conferences request form by March 4, 2022 to reserve housing for your event
- Contact us at 605-677-5663, or email email@example.com for any housing questions
For access to USD's all-you-care-to-eat location in the Muenster University Center, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dining can also assist you with any specific catering requests you may have. You can reach Dining at 605-677-5899 and Campus Catering at 605-677-5665 or by email at email@example.com.
- You may need to arrange parking permits for those who are participating in your camp or conference. Our University Police Department will assist you in obtaining the correct permit for your event. You can reach the University Police Department at 605-658-6199 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your event may require meeting space and our Central Scheduling office will assist you in ensuring those rooms are reserved and ready for you. Please be advised there may be a fee associated with your reservation, but our staff can assist you with making those arrangements. You can reach Central Scheduling at 605-658-3554 or email@example.com.
- Our on-campus Wellness Center offers day passes, punch cards, or 30-day memberships, depending on the needs of your camp or conference.
- Guest passes can be purchased by the camp or made available to individual participants. Contact Wellness Center staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-677-8803 for details and pricing.
The University of South Dakota practices inclusive excellence. Inclusive excellence is about honoring and accepting diverse groups and individuals into all aspects of the USD community. We have a number of guests on our campus during the summer from an amazing variety of backgrounds and cultures. Remember, all of our guests are part of the USD community. Please treat everyone you meet with respect and kindness. As a guest on our campus, we invite and expect you to practice inclusive excellence with us.
The Muenster University Center strives to provide extraordinary facilities and services to students and faculty. Review the following forms and policies that apply to facility use on the USD campus.
- MUC Table Reservation Form (Located Below)
- Camps and Conferences Request
- Advertising Policies
- Sidewalk Chalking Procedure
- Facility Use Policy
- Use of USD Facility Policy and Daily Fee Schedule
MUC Table ReservationTable reservations at the Muenster University Center (MUC) must be made using the following form. All table reservations at the MUC are considered sales and solicitation. Submissions indicate that you have read the tabling guidelines and the USD sales & solicitation policy (#7.005).
The following guidelines apply to all table reservations in the MUC:
- Please check your USD email for updates regarding your table and/or room reservations.
- No food items may be sold or given away without prior approval from Campus Dining, email@example.com. Written approval must be emailed directly from the food service director.
- Raffle requests must be made 30 days before the raffle begins. For more information review university fundraising policy 2.021.
- Textbooks may not be sold within the MUC by any entity other than the USD bookstore.
- If an outside vendor will be at the MUC on behalf of a student organization, the student organization must make all reservation arrangements.
- All commission/table reservation fees due to the MUC must be paid on or before the last day of the reservation.
- No sales or solicitation will be permitted the week before and during finals week.
*Your table reservation is not complete until you receive a confirmation email.*