The summer after your junior year, you will begin a three-semester clinical internship with one of our NAACLS-accredited affiliated MLS programs. This intensive internship experience enhances your education by providing a real-world learning environment.
Our clinical partners are Accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science.
- *Sanford Health System, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Meredith Loosbrock, M.S., MLS(ASCP)CM, Program Director
- *St. Luke's College/UnityPoint Health, Sioux City, Iowa
- Mary K. Smith M.S., MT(ASCP), SC Program Official
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Brooke Solberg, Ph.D., MLS(ASCP)CM, Program Director
*For those students electing to compete for an internship through Sanford Sioux Falls-South Dakota or St. Luke's College/UnityPoint Health-Sioux City, Iowa, please be aware of the following admission requirements.
COMLE Internship Entrance Requirements
Prior to entering a COMLE program, you must have completed all pre-clinical course requirements at your college or university. The "3 plus 1" student must be eligible for a baccalaureate degree upon satisfactory completion of the clinical program.
The minimal pre-clinical course and credit requirements* are:
- 16 semester hours of chemistry. This includes organic and/or biological chemistry.
- 16 semester hours of biological sciences to include anatomy and/or physiology, genetics and/or molecular biology, a course in microbiology, and immunology (2 credit min.) is required.
- One course of college level mathematics and statistics.
*The chemistry and biological science courses must be acceptable toward a major in those fields or in medical laboratory science, or be certified by the college/university as equivalent. Survey courses do not qualify as fulfillment of the prerequisites. Remedial mathematics courses will not satisfy the mathematics requirement. Required classes must be completed with a letter grade of C or higher.
For more information regarding the internship, contact us at email@example.com or 605-658-6500.