USD Dual Credit
Exceeding Beyond Expectations
Earn college credits from South Dakota's Flagship University
Dual credit is an opportunity for high school students to enroll in college courses and earn credits towards their high school diploma while starting a college degree. Dual credit courses are available at the low cost of $48.33 per credit hour, plus any required course books or materials. That compares to about $300 per credit for non-high school students currently attending USD.
Why should I take dual credit courses?
- Save money on college – pay up to 85% less.
- Accelerate time to degree by getting a jump start on your college education.
- Gain exposure to different career tracks.
- Build confidence by easing the transition to college.
- Experience college level courses and online learning.
- Position yourself for college scholarship opportunities.
Am I eligible? How do I apply?
Read through the USD Dual Credit Basics document to learn about the following:
- Admission eligibility requirements
- How to apply
- English & math placement tables
- How to check grades
- Add/drop form
- Continuing eligibility
Where can I take courses?
The University of South Dakota offers a variety of Dual Credit courses in multiple locations. Dual credit courses are offered at the following locations:
- Online - accessible anywhere with internet
- USD Main Campus in Vermillion, S.D.
- USD Community College for Sioux Falls in Sioux Falls, S.D.
For more information about Dual Credit courses offered at the University of South Dakota, contact the Dual Credit advisor at 605-658-6200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.