Interest-Free Book Advance
USD offers qualifying students a $500 Book Advance. If you are eligible, the Book Advance will automatically show as a payment option in your USD online bookstore account upon checkout. Do not delay in ordering your course materials; buy now and pay later!
Making the Start of Your Semester Easier
Registered USD students in good standing eligible (exclusions apply)
The University of South Dakota offers qualifying students a $500 Book Advance. If you are eligible, the Book Advance will automatically show as a payment option in your USD online bookstore account upon checkout. Do not delay in ordering your course materials; buy now and pay later!
- You must be a registered USD student.
- Excludes students on athletic book scholarship.
- If you receive GI benefits, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with program eligibility questions.
- Your USD student account must be in good standing.
- Available for fall and spring semesters only.
- Can only be used in the USD online bookstore.
- If you qualify, an email notification from TextbookX customer service will be sent to your USD email account with program details.
- Use up to $500 per semester.
- If you qualify, the Book Advance payment option is available during checkout. If you do not want to use the Book Advance, do not select the payment option.
Only the amount used will be applied directly to your university bill.
Book Advance Repayment
- The amount used will be added directly to your university bill as a line-item charge identified as “Akademos Book Advance Charge”.
- The amount charged to your student account needs to be paid when tuition and fees are due. Due date is typically within the first 10 days of the semester.
- Once online statements are posted to SDePay the statement will show the semester due date.
- If available and authorized, financial aid may be used to repay.
- If you are enrolled in a SDePay Payment Plan, the amount used will be collected according to your plan terms.
- Late fees and a hold will be applied to your account if book charges are not paid by the due date.
- The amount charged to your student account can be paid online through SDePay, by mailing a check or in person at the Business Office (cash or check).
- Refer to the billing and payment website for more details.
To learn how to use the Book Advance in the USD online bookstore, please visit the Coyote One Stop article Using the USD Book Advance Payment Option.
Office of Financial aid
The Office of Financial Aid works with students and parents to explore the many resources available to help make your college education even more affordable.