Required Paperwork from Proctors:
Proctors must meet several requirements:
- Relatives and friends are not suitable proctors.
- If the proctor site is unable to download the Lockdown Browser, students are allowed to take the exam on their own computers.
- Proctors must be able to continuously monitor students during the exam.
- The supporting documentation below must be submitted before your proctor can be approved. If your proctor has not proctored for USD before, you should request this documentation in advance from your proctor before you begin the new proctor nomination process.
- Examinations will only be sent to the proctor's approved business email address. If your proctor's business email address is a Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, or other similar free email address, you will need to provide documentation that this is the proctor's business email address.
- A web address for the institution's staff directory where the proctor's name/position appears.
- A signed letter on official letterhead from the proctor's supervisor or human resources department verifying his or her position.
Acceptable Person to Serve as a Proctor:
- A member of the teaching faculty or an educational administrator at any regionally accredited higher education institution.
- A state-certified high school teacher or school librarian.
- Any educational administrator who holds a position similar to high school superintendent, supervising principal, principal, or Intermediate Unit administrator (whose name appears in the institution's directory or catalog).
- A currently employed public librarian or other qualified library staff member. Please note: It is recognized that the main proctor at public libraries or professional/college testing centers may delegate the proctoring to other qualified staff within the center. The main proctor will still assume responsibility that all standards are met.
- For personnel of the armed forces: any commissioned or non-commissioned officer of higher rank than the student; an education services officer or testing personnel at a Military Education Center; a base clergy member; a base or unit level commander; a base librarian; or service approved authorized representative.
Supporting Documentation needed: A letter on official letterhead from the proctor's unit or command verifying the proctor's position and rank and confirming that the proctor holds a higher position than the student. For proctors outside the student's military chain of command, submit a letter from the proctor's supervisor verifying their position and rank. Deployed military students can provide a verification letter of the proctor's position and rank from their deployed unit or command. Proctors for military testing centers that can be verified on a business website do not require a verification letter.
- Professional Testing Centers. Please note: It is recognized that the main proctor at public libraries or professional/college testing centers may delegate the proctoring to other qualified staff within the center. The main proctor will still assume responsibility that all standards are met.
If you have questions or concerns about Proctor Verification, please contact the Testing Center at 605-658-6143 or by e-mail at email@example.com.