You will need to do the following before you can begin the housing application:
- You will need your USD student ID number (available on your acceptance letter or by contacting your admissions counselor)
- Pick up your USD Email Account
If you have taken dual credit courses through USD, your email address will remain the same
- Register for Duo Authentication
- If you need assistance with these steps, please contact your admissions counselor.
You will need the following information before you can complete the application:
- Contact information
- Meal plan preference
- Residence hall preference
Note: All first-year students must live in either Beede, Mickelson, Richardson, Olson, Burgess or Norton Halls, or Coyote Village (if available)
- Be ready to answer a short survey used to match roommates (i.e. smoker/non-smoker)
Student Housing Application Process
Before selecting a residence hall and possibly a roommate, you need to pay the housing deposit and complete the housing application in one easy step below.
Students received emails in February indicating what time they are able to self-select a room within their application. If you applied after April 18 or did not self-select a room before April 18, a room will be selected for you.
Confirmation emails of housing assignments are released in April and weekly thereafter for the coming fall semester. You will receive your room assignment, contact information for your roommate and important information about living on campus, so please check your USD email account regularly.