You can submit your housing application once you have paid your university housing deposit. See the Student Housing Application Process section below to get started.
You will need the following information to complete the application:
- USD student ID number (available on your acceptance letter or by contacting your admissions counselor)
- Contact information
- Meal plan preference
- Residence hall preference
Note: All first-year students must live in either Beede, Mickelson, Richardson, Olson Halls or Coyote Village (if available)
- Be ready to answer a short survey used to match roommates (i.e. smoker/non-smoker)
Student Housing Application Process
Before selecting your residence hall and possibly your roommate, there are a few steps to complete in order to access the housing application:
- Submit your housing deposit
- Pick up your USD account/email
- Access your housing application via the myUSD portal account
- Watch an informative webinar that takes you through the Housing Application Process
- You will be asked to create an account.
- An account will give you access to all of USD's webinars.
Students received emails in February indicating what time they are able to self-select a room within their application.
Confirmation emails of housing assignments are released in April 2020 for the coming fall 2020 semester. You will receive your room assignment, contact information for your roommate and important information about living on campus, so please check your USD email account regularly.