The USD – Sioux Falls Help Desk is the first point of contact for faculty, staff and students who need information technology or multimedia assistance on the Sioux Falls campus. Individuals seeking assistance can submit a request online, call, e-mail or stop by the Help Desk office.
Submit a Help Desk Ticket
Contact the Help Desk When You Need:
Professional support for basic computing, audio/visual and distance education services (DDN).
- Help with malfunctioning office technology (computers, printers, scanners, etc.).
- Help with malfunctioning smart podiums (includes ELMO and LCD) or distance technologies (DDN).
- Instructional technology equipment for your classroom or professional presentations.
- Help with network issues such as account changes.
- Help with accessing the wireless network.
- Information from online FAQs, manuals and tutorials that empowers users to self-troubleshoot.
- Technical staff to help you with a technology-related project.
All Sioux Falls classrooms and selected conference rooms are equipped with:
- Stationary computer and monitor
- Ceiling-mounted data projector
- Whiteboard and projector screen
- Wireless Internet
- Document camera
Computer Lab Accessibility
The Open Computer Lab is available to all students. We have PCs and a printer available. Printing may be purchased for $.10 per sheet. To purchase printing, you will first need to visit the Sioux Falls Business Office to load funds to your student ID card.
The Open Computer Lab is located in FADM-152 (Classroom Building). For assistance, contact the Help Desk.
All rooms at our Sioux Falls campus have wireless Internet access and power outlets at each desk. You may bring your own laptop to use in classes. Printing from your personal laptops is not available at this time. Individuals interested in using the college's wireless connection have two options:
- Log on to the “SDGuest” for limited access.
- Log on to the “eduroam” for full access. This network requires authentication.