Apply to USD as a Readmitted Student
- If the last school you attended was the University of South Dakota and you are returning to USD after being away for a semester or more, you may apply as a readmitted student.
- If you are returning to school and USD is not the last school school you attended, you should apply under Transfer Admission.
Readmitted students should meet the following minimum requirements. Some specific programs and majors may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete 24 or more semester credits
Readmitted students under the age of 24 who have earned fewer than 24 semester credits must also meet the freshman admission requirements
- 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average
Students with less than a 2.0 GPA are subject to review and may be admitted on probation
- Remain in good standing with your most recently attended school
Students applying as a readmit need only submit an application to the USD Office of Admissions.
Apply using the quick Automatic Reentry Form
Apply using the complete Online Application
US $20 application fee
|Exceptions are made for students who are non-degree seeking, or have previously applied, paid the fee, and attended a university in the Board of Regents system within the previous three semesters.|
Your transcripts, test scores and other application information submitted with your first application to USD have remained on file at the Enrollment Service Center. Some additional documents may be required if your legal name has changed since you last attended USD.
Please submit your application either online with Common App or to the following address:
- Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of South Dakota
414 East Clark Street
Vermillion, SD 57069-2390
Telephone: 1-877-COYOTES Fax: 605-677-6323