Curious scholars. Exceptional leaders.
The Honors Program at USD isn’t about courses that move faster and cover more material; it’s about developing you into a person who’s passionate about contributing to society and preparing for a rapidly changing world. By fostering enriched educational opportunities for academically talented and highly motivated students, USD can offer an engaging, stimulating and rewarding experience.
Our students are some of the most active and engaged on campus. They hold more than 25 percent of all campus leadership positions, study abroad at a higher-than-average rate and compete successfully for nationally competitive scholarships and graduate school placements.
The Honors Advantage
The Honors Program is not about overwhelming yourself with more information, it's about teaching you skills that will give you a competitive advantage in achieving your goals. Advantages include:
- A close, supportive community of 450 exceptional students
- Intellectual challenge
- Innovative teaching
- A flexible, Honors-specific curriculum
- Small classes taught by the best professors on campus
- Individualized academic advising and priority registration
- Enhanced seminars, research, internships and travel opportunities
- Potential for leadership experiences beginning in your first year
- Living-learning communities
- Honors dedicated study lounge
The majority of Honors graduates pursue graduate and professional training at some of the best institutions in the U.S. and around the world. Over the past five years, Honors graduates have a 96 percent placement rate in graduate and professional programs.
Sign in to the MyUSD Portal for resources pertaining to advising and mentoring Honors students.
Find advising resources and information pertaining to your Honors thesis.
Apply to USD, visit with the Honors Program or meet with an Admissions Counselor.