Welcome to your new college home
Before you Register
- Registration is a half-day event required for all transfers, adult learners and readmitted students. Plan to stay for the entire program.
- Make sure you have sent your final transcripts from each college or university you have attended. We must have your final transcripts before you can register.
- If you plan to live on campus, you will need to submit your housing deposit prior to registering for classes. If you plan to live off campus, please call or email your admissions counselor.
- You will also need to submit your proof of immunization prior to registering.
Fall 2020 Coyote Registration Dates
- Friday, May 15
- Thursday, June 11
- Thursday, June 25
- Wednesday, July 15
- Thursday, August 13
Please contact the Office of Admissions at 1-877-COYOTES (1-877-269-6837) or 605-658-6200 with questions.
Tentative Registration Schedule
Schedule and times subject to change. Check your confirmation letter for any changes to your session.
- Check in & Welcome
7:30 – 8:00 a.m.
Meet us at the Muenster University Center to begin your Coyote Registration day.
- New Student Overview
8 a.m – 9:15 a.m.
- Registration 201 Learn more about what to expect during your registration session with your academic advisor along with more information on USD graduation requirements and resources.
- Money Matters Get a brief overview of the financial aid process with one of our financial aid advisors.
- Tech Tools. Learn more about how to use your USD portal account, Registration Self-Service and access your online bill.
- Take any necessary placement exams. Check your confirmation packet to find out if you need to take any placement tests. You must complete your testing prior to registering. Our friendly Orientation Team members will help you get to your scheduled test on time.
- Get Registered: Meet one-on-one with your advisor and register for classes.
- Get Acclimated: During the day, you'll have the opportunity to pick up your Coyote Card student ID, set up your USD online account, complete your online housing application/exemption pre-order your books or meet for an individual visit with our financial aid staff.
- Take a Tour
Campus tours available at the conclusion of your program.