Skip to main content

Transfer Equivalency Requests

When a student transfers course work from another college or university to the University of South Dakota, the course is evaluated to determine one of the following:

  • The course transfers as directly equivalent to a specific USD course
  • The course transfer as a discipline-specific course and may count as an elective toward graduation requirements
  • The course is not accepted toward a USD degree

With additional information and appropriate documentation, courses originally processed as "discipline specific" may be reevaluated to the equivalent of a specific USD course.

If you believe you have taken a course that has transferred to South Dakota as "discipline specific," but may actually be directly equivalent to a specific USD course, you can petition to have this change made to your transcript using the Transfer Equivalency Request Form.

Transfer Equivalency Request Form