Advanced Placement (AP)
Advanced Placement guidelines are available from the South Dakota Board of Regents. Acceptance of credit is governed by BOR policy 2:5 Transfer of Credit.
You may receive credit for selected courses by earning satisfactory scores on the appropriate College Level Examination Program (CLEP) subject examinations.
Administered by the USD Testing Center, the CLEP exam tests your skills on the coursework for which you would like to receive credit. The USD Testing Center is located in the North Commons, room 107. CLEP exams are offered by appointment Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, use the online appointment scheduler at RegisterBlast
USD Policies Regarding CLEP Examination
- You must provide a picture I.D. (driver's license, student I.D. card) at the time of testing.
- You may apply up to 30 semester hours of CLEP credits toward a degree from USD.
- USD allows students to retake CLEP tests after a period of three months.
- USD CLEP policies, prices and score requirements are subject to change.
- Before scheduling a CLEP appointment, talk with your advisor to see if CLEP is the right option for you.
If you have questions about CLEP testing, contact the USD Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-658-6143.
- $40 administration fee is paid to USD at the time the appointment is scheduled online
- $89 registration fee is paid directly to CLEP when registering for the exam(s)
- USD Testing Center
605-658-6143 or email@example.com
USD Testing Center Information
- Community College for Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, S.D.
605-274-9550 or UC.TestingCenter@usd.edu.
Community College for Sioux Falls Testing Information
- Black Hills State
Rapid City, S.D.
605-718-4193 or BHRCtestingcenter@bhsu.edu
Black Hills State Testing Center Information
- Capital University Center
605-773-2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Capitol University Testing Center Information