Learn the analytical skills the healthcare fields needs and put yourself ahead.
The undergraduate certificate in healthcare analytics is designed for those interested in the use of analytics in the healthcare field. Analytics are used to improve patient care. Healthcare organizations are pressured to improve the clinical quality of care, patient safety, reduce medical error, and control or lower costs. Analytics is the systematic use of data to improve the quality of healthcare delivery and reduce costs. Healthcare teams need diverse skills to select and apply appropriate analytic tools for improvement. Analytics is a necessary skill for healthcare professionals and highly integrated into the courses that make up the certificate. The certificate addresses the needs of current healthcare professionals whose previous healthcare education did not include analytics and data management and now desire to gain this critical knowledge.
The program will teach students:
- Define the significant components of an Electronic Health Care Record (EHR) and why it is important.
- Identify what societal forces, laws, regulations, and procedures govern how the EHR is utilized.
- Describe how the EHR can be used to improve patient health by documenting patient history, preventative care, vaccinations, etc.
- Define privacy and security laws and regulations as they apply to the EHR.
- Evaluate processes to access evidence-based information at the point of care, for decision support and care pathways.
- Demonstrate the role of healthcare analytics in improving processes.
- Demonstrate how to create effective analytic indicators.
- Analyze healthcare data.
- Apply Lean thinking, principles, and tools to a pertinent healthcare problem.
- Describe how to leverage analytics in quality improvement projects.
- Explore potential career opportunities benefiting from core informatics knowledge.
- Undergraduate Certificate Application
- Official high school transcript or GED
- ACT or SAT scores (not required if applicant is over 21)
- Non-refundable application fee of $20 made payable to USD
Please note: Additional requirements exist for transfer students.
For more information about the online undergraduate certificate in healthcare analytics, contact USD Online at 605-658-6200 or by email at email@example.com.