Inspire the World
Our majors inspire the world with their writing and ideas.
All our activities lead to students becoming stronger writers and thinkers.
English: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
English: (B.A./B.S.) with Secondary Education Certification
For a teaching major in English, complete the English degree along with the appropriate teaching certification courses.
English: Creative Writing Specialization
Professional Writing: Undergraduate Certificate
Professional Writing: Undergraduate Specialization
Four-Year Program Guides
- English (B.A.)
- English (B.A., Creative Writing)
- English (B.A., Professional Writing)
- English, (B.A., Secondary Teaching Specialization)
- English (B.S.)
- English (B.S., Creative Writing)
- English (B.S., Professional Writing)
- English (B.S., Secondary Teaching Specialization)
- English (B.A./B.S.) with Secondary Education Certification
- Secondary Education & English Education (B.S.Ed.)
The Classroom & Beyond
Read some of the most fascinating works of literature ever written. Develop your writing voice. Prepare to inspire the world with your ideas.
Stay updated on the happenings in the USD Department of English with the Graduate Program Newsletter.
In the Writing Center, you can get help on all aspects of your writing, from developing ideas to revising and polishing your pieces.