Gain professional experience through our nationally recognized, student-run media.
The Department of Media & Journalism prepares you to compete in the rapidly changing media industry by teaching every student a wide range of professional skills.
Through hands-on learning and classroom instruction, you’ll master the art of multi-platform storytelling and communication. Whether you dream of working in a creative ad agency, promoting a professional sports team or becoming an investigative reporter, you’ll be ready with the right experience to launch your career.
Explore Our Programs
- Media & Journalism Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Media & Journalism Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Sport Marketing & Media Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Sport Marketing & Media Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Media & Journalism Minor
- Social Media Marketing Minor
- Sport Marketing & Media Minor
- Tourism & Hospitality Marketing
News in Brief
VERMILLION, S.D. – Gene Policinski, president of the Newseum Institute in Washington D.C. and the executive director of the First Amendment Center of the Freedom Forum Institute, spoke with the University of South Dakota podcast Credit Hour for a wide-ranging discussion on t...
Political science and history alum Tom Kludt shares how he landed a job at a top news corporation.