At South Dakota, our Office of Financial Aid works hard to help make your education affordable. We're consistently ranked as one of America's Best Value Colleges – meaning you're getting a world-class education from a leading, flagship university while paying only a fraction of the tuition cost.
Even as an out-of-state student, you'll likely pay less at USD than you would at one of your own state universities.
Applying for Financial Aid
The Office of Financial Aid can assist you in providing options for financing your education to make your studies at USD even more affordable. Follow these easy steps for applying for financial aid:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The FAFSA evaluates eligibility for need-based assistance including federal loans, grants, scholarships and work-study.
- List the University of South Dakota's federal code of 003474 on your FAFSA
- The FAFSA is available beginning October 1 of each year and there is no charge for submitting the FAFSA.
- Submit your FAFSA by USD's priority deadline of April 1
- Check out USD's scholarships that may be available to you.
- The deadline for the Common Scholarship Application is October 1, but deadlines for some other scholarship applications may vary